Joe's practice focuses on: lifetime and testamentary estate planning; advising and providing specialized services to family offices; succession planning for closely held businesses; asset protection planning; estate and trust administration; income tax planning; the negotiation, preparation and review of general corporate contracts, including employment agreements, confidentiality agreements and product purchase agreements; and business transactions, including real estate transactions. He also represents clients before the Internal Revenue Service and Illinois Department of Revenue in connection with audits, appeals, administrative hearings, payment plans and offers in compromise.
• Northwestern University (Bachelor of Arts, 1983)
• Loyola University (Juris Doctor, 1987)
• DePaul University (Masters of Law in Taxation, 1994)
• Illinois (1987); U.S. Tax Court (1990); and U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, and U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit (1991)
• Chicago, Illinois State and American Bar Associations